Who Are We
Our customers are the lifeblood of our business — they are the reason for everything we do. We strive to develop an in-depth knowledge of our customers and their businesses so that we can determine how best to serve them. We respond promptly to questions so that we can meet and exceed expectations, and we’re always working to identify and develop new market opportunities. We do customer service with a passion!
Our most-used customer service numbers are below, along with links to our customer service websites and newsletters. We love to hear from you, so please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Who are our customers?
In today’s dynamic and highly competitive energy market, Southern Star’s goal is to create and deliver the type of quality services required to meet our customers' needs. If you’re unfamiliar with the natural gas transportation system, Southern Star does not sell gas to homeowners, we store and move gas in the heart of the United States safely, reliably and efficiently getting it where and when our customer’s need it. Our customers may be your gas supply company, an electrical power plant, or a local factory. See below for more information.
- Local Distribution Companies (“LDC”) are natural gas utility companies which receive gas from a mainline transmission pipeline company and distribute gas to the ultimate consumer through a direct network of distribution pipelines
- LDCs are regulated by state public utility commissions
- Non-governmental electric utilities engaging in generation, transmission and distribution of electricity sold into a regulated market
- Publicly-owned electric utilities engaging in generation, transmission and distribution of electricity sold into a regulated market
- Producer customers are engaged in the exploration and / or production of oil and natural gas and utilize natural gas pipelines to get their gas to market
- Gas marketers aggregate natural gas suppliers for downstream customers, principally LDCs and electric generators
- Emerging as major holders of interstate pipeline and natural gas storage capacity
- Includes other energy companies and direct end users of natural gas such as commercial businesses, industrial plants, school districts, universities, etc.